These days the term making waves on the internet and websites is a blog. Many websites developers have either begun to consider building blogs to meet the demands of the populace or to add blogs to the websites they develop. It does fit perfectly well in the internet business since without a blog, your website is not likely to be found on the internet. In this post, I hope to share with you how to create a free blog so you can create one by yourself and start posting articles or blog posts to get found on the internet. But to delve into the heart of the matter, one must first understand what a blog is.
So What Is A Blog?
A blog is simply a webpage that houses one’s articles, posts and thoughts on a particular subject matter. For instance, one may decide to blog about the lifestyles of university students in the country and then develop a blog for that idea; what the blog will depict is just one webpage that contains all the thoughts the person shares about the lifestyles of the university students. An example of a blog is www.skilldebby.com/blog and this is a website that has a blog.
The Difference Between A Blog and A Website
There is a slight difference between a website and a blog. Generally, a website is a collection of webpages. Usually, a website contains more than two webpages and may sometimes even contain a webpage for a blog. However, a blog is just a single webpage. Again, a website may be built for a business purpose, however a blog may be built to display articles about one’s hobby and not necessarily a business.
As has been noted, a blog can help one to be found on the internet. It is one of the main reasons why many people have added blog pages to their websites. The underlying factor is that, when you post an article that attracts many visitors and has a good SEO (in case you don’t know what that is visit this website to learn more: https://searchengineland.com/guide/what-is-seo) it is likely that, people are going to search for your article and visit your website. The advantages for that are numerous which includes the fact that, it can boost your traffic.
Again, a blog provides room for one to showcase his/her knowledge on a particular subject matter with ease. Here, if one has a hobby that he/she want people to understand a thing or two about, he can just blog about that hobby.
The Tools To creating A Free Blog
The Steps To Creating A Free Blog With WordPress
- Use your search engine to search for wordpress on the internet
- Click on the WordPress official website link and get to the official website.
- Click on Get Started to begin creating your free blog.
- In the step 1 on the wordpress website, you will be asked a couple of questions including
- what would you like to name your site?
- What will your site be about?
- What is the primary goal you have for your site?
- How comfortable are you with creating a website?
Make sure to answer the questions by ticking where you can tick and type where you can type. In answering the question, “what is the primary goal you have for your site?” you need to check what describes the blog and not just any. Also note that, although you will be asked questions on websites, in the end, what you create will be converted into a blog.
- In the next step, you will be asked to provide a site address. The address is what you see on the search bar in search engines when you type the website you want to visit. It contains domains and sub-domains. For instance, in skilldebby.com is the site address of skilldebby which is this particular website on which you read this blog post. So, you have to type the address you wish for your bog to have. Every site begins with the world wide web (www) and then followed by a (. name of your idea) and then followed by (.com). However, it must be noted that, since this blog you are creating is free, you will not be given the web address you provide, instead, wordpress will add its own sub-domain (.wordpress.com) and what it means is that, wordpress will host your website and at same time give you a free domain name which you would normally have to buy from hosting providers (this is explained in this article HOW TO CREATE A WEBSITE IN 10 MINUTES.
- Pick a plan- in this step, just pick the free plan unless, you want to host the blog with a different company and in which case, you will have to pay for the hosting.
- Register with your mail account and submit to move to the next step.
You Have Created Your First Free Blog.
What To Do Right After Creating Your Free Blog
- Login to your wordpress dashboard and click pages and add a new page.
- Type a title for the Page and then click on the publish button on the left side of the page.
- Click on the Dashboard to return back to the dashboard and go to the wordpress menu and then hover over the settings then click on Reading.
- If you want to make your front-page static with the posts of your blog select the static page in the front-page section and choose the blog page.
- Click on save changes.
To Add Your First Blog Post
- Click on Post
- Add Post
- Type a Title for your post
- Type The post itself in the next section
- Click on Submit to publish your post.
Well done, you are good to go!